Parkinson Society Canada welcomes the world in 2013. The World Parkinson Congress (WPC) is the only global Parkinson’s conference that brings together the entire Parkinson’s community – people with Parkinson’s disease, those who care for them, medical and health professionals, and dedicated researchers working toward a cure and better treatments.
Meet the Canadian Ambassadors
Bob Kuhn – lawyer, writer, speaker, diagnosed with Parkinson’s at age 53, chair or director of numerous non-profit entities, creator of the Positively Parkinson’s blog (www.positivelyparkinsons.com). Bob loves to ride his motorcycle as long and as far as time permits. To date, he has biked over 50,000 km. Bob is determined, through writing, speaking and just living “out loud”, to encourage others with Parkinson’s.
Yvon Trepanier – retired schoolteacher specializing in languages (French, Spanish, Japanese), diagnosed with Parkinson’s at age 47, current board member and support group facilitator, Parkinson Society Southwestern Ontario. He is involved with advocacy initiatives both provincially and nationally, as co-chair of the Parkinson Society Canada national advocacy committee. Yvon and his partner own a hosta nursery, where they have registered and named a new hosta, Stolen Ability, as a fundraiser for Parkinson’s.
Ryan Tripp – a former physical education teacher and administrator for 23 years, diagnosed with Parkinson’s at 47, a strong, consistent fundraiser, active committee volunteer, enthusiastic advocate for Parkinson’s at federal and provincial government levels, founder of a support group in Muskoka, Ontario. Ryan’s personal code is to live with intention, walk to the edge, listen hard, practise wellness, play with abandon, laugh, choose with no regret, continue to learn, appreciate his friends, do what he loves and, live as if, this is all there is!
10 top reasons to attend the World Parkinson Congress
If you are a person with Parkinson’s…
- Be motivated by inspiring speakers.
- Connect with, be understood by, and learn from people living positively with Parkinson’s.
- Share in the encouragement of people from around the world who are touched by Parkinson’s.
- Gain helpful resources and tools, while making new contacts and developing enduring relationships to help others deal with the challenges.
- Learn the best strategies, and share your insights for coping effectively and positively.
- Experience the energy of passionate scientists, researchers and clinicians searching for a cure, exploring better treatment options and creating a brighter future for people with Parkinson’s.
- Interact directly with world-renowned presenters and panelists to get answers to your questions.
- Empower yourself. Empower others to make a difference in the lives of people with Parkinson’s.
- Gain new awareness about Parkinson’s from leading clinicians and researchers.
- Enjoy the excitement of Montréal, a world-class city where French meets English and the classic sophistication of Europe is reshaped by convivial Canadian character.
Visit www.worldpdcongress.org for more information.